Life on the Downside

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back for... Good?

So its been a while.
1.25 years since I returned from the States.
1.25 years since I looked at this blog, and the same amount of time since I wrote anything.

Many reasons why I'm back.
1) Unsure what I'm doing with my life; probably a good opportunity to focus through writing.
2) Keeping people I don't contact in the loop on what's happening to me, in case they were interested.
3) Having somewhere to capture random thoughts.

So, after framing this...here goes.

Linkin Park was awesome. My first concert with them, and I already want more. The short set (90 min) was inadequate, but within that 90 min, it was heaven. Not literally of course. I sang myself hoarse...Will keep tabs on their tour dates, next
time they're in town, will definitely get mosh pit tix instead.

That brings my concert tally to: Kanye West, Keane, Mayday, Gwen Stefani, A-Mei, Linkin Park. Now I just need Maroon 5 and Jay Chou to round off my current music interests. Of course, a repeat of any would be nice too...

I suck at presentations. Partly because I don't prepare, but also I just plain suck. I talk to first, with minimal coherence, and don't work with the audience in mind.
How much worse can I get?

What do I do with my time? Salsa, KTV, Beach Volleyball, Computer Games and most importantly, Weiqi. Tops the cake. Work comes a poor non-contender in this, since it officially takes up 30% of my time. But that 30% totally drains me...How?

Hm...would like to give a shout-out to all my friends; to those I promised to meet up with but don't, to those I neve understood more about, to those who don't even remember who Desmond Li was...Hello!!!!

2 Comments:

  • Hey hello! Came across your blog while managing bookmarks. Good to know you're still about!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/30/2007 11:58 PM  

  • harlow! didnt know u still update this! heh.

    anyway, i am also not very gd at presentations. but really, its sth that you can improve in. gd to have a script beforehand so as to sound coherent! but also no need to follow it too closely.. u get what i mean rite?

    Jiayou for work! =)

    XY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2009 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home